Friday, May 7, 2010

warming my thrones when it's dire

Here's a kickin' beat-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ9KfKx8PmM

I think I played poker every weekday for 3 months. At least 100 sngs a day. I made money of course. Maybe just 3K (I make most of my $$$ in bonuses) I had a 40 buy in downswing a 1k breakeven stretch, the standard bullshit but did stayed focused and unmoved and pulled out of both funks. Yesterday I had a session that got to me though. Played only 55 sngs and lost 20 buyins. I must have bubbled 10 times. Annoying knockouts too. There are some regulars who steal my blind EVERY TIME. I have adjusted. If they don't push I re-steal 1 in 3 times. If they push I call with J9+ which is a VERY loose range, but correct, if not out of principle buy Im up against a random hand so mathmaticaly as well.

Anyway, a couple people who did this to me have learned to stop. Eventually these regs will too, depending on off they are quick learners or not. So these bubble bustouts were mostly from a few top regs brainlessly stealing my blind with trash, me calling with Q-high and them sucking out. What doesn't get throiugh to them is that I have a much looser calling range than a donk random. Yet they see me as a tight reg and so they steal. They give randoms walks when they have tighter calling ranges. Especially on the bubble. Donks bluff and at 100 chips pots early and steal the blinds and 50-100 level but tighten up like adrum on the bubble. Exact opposite of how to play an SNG.

Whatever, it's not a great situation for either of us, this BVB dick waving but hey they started it. Couple of the regs are too pig-headed to stop and they keep sucking out on me and culminated in horrendous display of injustice yesterday that I am taking today and the weekend off. Rarely, does poker get to me but it did yesterday. Usually after like half hour of a session I'm fine but I couldn't get my mind off the 20 buy in loss and the way it happened I drank. Today I spent much of the day on a bench in the park.

I'm getting close to the point where I can move up to the 60's. I 24-table continous 5-8 hours per day. I will be able to get a $4K bonus every month and will be able to play full time professionaly. I will certainly at least break even each month. If I do that I will make 48k a year. Well a little with milestones. Confident I can beat the 60's though and will make more.

Man,most people really are terrible at poker. I guess poker is not something that is taught in schools and most people can't learn by themselves? It takes inependent thought? There's all different types of intelligrence imo. I guess there is kind of an intuitve intelligence that is rare and these people play poker well. That mixed with an ounce of common sense and basic math skills.

I feel I will maybe go back to the park bench then I will drink tonight and tommorow and get back on the grind monday.

My fish died, she was four years old.

No comments: